Being in the hospital can be a scary time in someone’s life, but at Coffeyville Regional Medical Center, you don’t need to worry. Our acute care facility treats patients with the necessary treatment for disease, injury, illness or recovering from surgery. Acute care has specialized personnel using complex, sophisticated technical equipment and materials, which may include intensive or emergency care.
Purpose of our Unit
Acute care is for short-term hospital stays usually lasting between one to three days depending on how the patient responds to their treatments. The unit’s function is to provide high-quality care that will promote the physical, mental and spiritual health of the patient and their family. Patients admitted to the unit can be any age and here for any reason deemed appropriate for hospital treatment. All rooms are treated as private rooms (if patient census allows).
Acute Care Services
The Acute Care Unit offers many amenities to patients, such as:
- 24-hour care by highly trained nurses
- Hourly rounding
- Your physician or their associate will visit with you daily
- Bedside medication verification
- Bed monitoring alarms for patient safety
- Recorded discharge instructions
- Cable TV, phones at each bed and Wi-Fi capability