Accredited by the Joint Commission
Coffeyville Regional Medical Center is proudly accredited by The Joint Commission. This accreditation requires a triennial on-site survey which ensures the most up-to-date, evidence-based standards of care for our patients.
Our most recent full, on-site survey was held in July 2022.
Our facility voluntarily underwent a thorough evaluation by The Joint Commission. The goal of the evaluation is to see if our facility meets The Joint Commission’s rigorous performance standards in delivering quality, safe care. By meeting these standards, our facility received The Joint Commission Gold Seal of Approval® – an internationally recognized symbol of quality.
The Joint Commission accredits more than 20,500 organizations worldwide and focuses on continually improving health care by setting the highest standards for health care quality throughout the world. In setting the standards, The Joint Commission consults doctors, nurses, and quality and safety experts to review the current standards and make recommendations for improvements.
What is accreditation?
Accreditation means that our staff has made an extra effort to review and improve the key areas that can affect the quality and safety of your care. Accreditation by The Joint Commission is considered the gold standard in health care. Specially trained health care professionals who are experts in their fields visited this facility to conduct a review that monitors how well our staff:
- Provide a safe environment for your care
- Educate you about the risks and options for your diagnosis and treatment
- Protect your rights as a patient, including your privacy rights
- Evaluate your condition, before, during, and after diagnosis and treatment
- Protect you against infection
- Plan for emergency situations
- Licensed by the State of Kansas
- Mammographic Imaging Services are accredited by the American College of Radiology
- Recipient of the 2011 Top Improver Quality Award
- Recipient of the Avatar Patient Satisfaction Award – 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008
- Winner of the Avatar Medical Imaging/Mammography Innovation Award – 2007
- 100 Top Hospitals Performance Improvement Leaders Award (Solucient) – 2005