Acute Care Nursing Director
YOUR PARTNER IN HEALTH
SINCE 1949 Area residents choose Coffeyville Regional Medical Center because they know and trust our CRMC family caring for theirs. We offer many of the same quality services and medical technology you will find in larger facilities.
Coffeyville Regional Medical Center is a 501(c)3 municipal, non-profit hospital licensed for 47 beds. On an annual basis, we serve over 45,000 patients from Montgomery, Chautauqua, Labette, Allen, Neosho, and Wilson counties in Kansas, as well as Nowata, and Craig counties from Oklahoma. Established in 1949, CRMC has grown over the years and expanded its facilities and technology to stay current with today’s world.
Our mission is to serve our patients and families with the highest quality healthcare.
As a rural hospital, Coffeyville Regional Medical Center is surprising because of its large size and wide variety of services. Although we can provide many of the same services you will find in the big city, we take pride in our friendly and caring staff. Our physicians have lived, worked and been involved in our community for many years. Some have been here for 30+ years; our patients are also our friends and neighbors.
Annual Admissions: Nearly 2,500
Births: Nearly 300
Surgeries: Nearly 3,000
ER Visits: Nearly 10,000
Welcome to Southeast Kansas
Serving Southeast Kansas and Northeast Oklahoma out of Montgomery County is an experience beyond CRMC – as we work, live and relax with our neighbors and friends. Cost of living is low and quality of life is high. Our communities bring the region of Kansas’ southern Flint Hills alive with outdoor and indoor activity.
Enjoy a little slower pace in life:
- Camping, fishing and boating at any of our lakes
- Hunting, hiking and sport throughout our terrain
- Strong education systems including two area community colleges and neighboring state university
- Art, culture and history abounds in all of our communities
We welcome you to explore areas of your personal interest in the areas of:
ECONOMY AND DEVELOPMENT
CHAMBERS OF COMMERCE
TRAVEL AND DAY TRIPS
Southeast Kansas MLS
PARKS, LAKES AND RECREATION
The Nursing Director is a professional nurse (RN) who manages the day to day operations of the CRMC nursing unit while working closely with nursing supervisory staff, unit staff and physicians. The Nursing Director assumes 24/7 responsibility for the unit while supporting the Chief Nursing Director (CNO) ensuring highest quality, safety, appropriate nursing care, staff competency and appropriate resources management for clients aged from infant to geriatric.
The Registered Nurse (RN) reports to the Chief Nursing Officer and supports the hospital providing specific duties including:
- Schedule staff appropriate for census and reconcile employee time reports.
- Perform competency evaluation, performance appraisal, employee engagement, recognition and corrective action activities, as necessary.
- Prepare and monitor unit budget.
- Assure clinical nursing skills are appropriate for the unit assigned.
- Liaison between nursing staff and Chief Nursing Officer as needed for optimum patient care to CRMC Standards of Excellence, JCAHO standards and local/state/federal rules and regulations.
- Apply sound nursing judgment in patient care management decisions.
- Collaborate with the nursing team to create a Plan of Care for all patients.
- Direct and guide ancillary personnel and maintain standards of professional nursing.
- Provide patient care as a Registered Nurse (RN), when needed to support staff and hospital needs.
The Nursing Director (RN) assumes other responsibilities as assigned by the Chief Nursing Officer.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Associate Degree or Diploma in nursing, required
- Current Registered Nurse licensure with the State of Kansas, required
- Three to five years’ of progressive experience as a Registered Nurse (RN) in an acute care setting, required
- Three years’ minimum experience in specific area for role, required
- BLS, ACLS, PALS, BRP, TNCC and ENP, required
- Two years’ management related experience. preferred
- Bachelor degree in Nursing or actively enrolled in Bachelor program for Nursing, preferred
- Pursues programs of continuing education consisted with requirements of the Kansas State Board of Nursing, as well as educational conferences and updates to maintain professional knowledge and skills related to the areas of responsibilities
PAID TIME OFF
All Full-Time & Part-Time associates begin accruing Paid Time Off on their 1st day of employment. PTO is based on hours worked.
Full-Time associates are eligible for group health insurance coverage beginning the 1st day of the 1st full month of employment.
Associates have options to purchase medical & prescription coverage for Associate, Associate +1 or Family.
OPTIONAL INSURANCE PLANS
• Critical Illness
• Short Term Disability
• Life Insurance
• Accidental Death & Dismemberment
Full-Time & Part-Time associates are eligible to participate in KPERS upon hire date. Currently, 6% of wages are deducted from pay pre-tax and deposited into the pension plan. Life and
disability insurance is included. Optional group life is also available.
• Rural Opportunity Zone – Kansas State Tax Rebate for up to 5 Years (if qualified)
• Public Service Loan Forgiveness Employer
• Workers Compensation Insurance
• Leave of Absence Program
• Direct Deposit to multiple bank accounts
• Payroll Deduct Available to FT/PT employees on CRMC services
• Flexible Health and Dependent Care Savings
TAX DEFERRED ANNUITY
Associates may elect to invest in a Tax Deferred Annuity, in which Federal Income Tax on the portion of their earnings deposited is deferred.
JURY DUTY PAY
CRMC recognizes the importance of jury duty. Hourly Full-Time associates will be paid their base hourly rate for time off, less any
compensation received for jury services.
The cafeteria offers a discount to all associates. Associates can also order food items to take home.
CRMC Associates are eligible to apply for education and training scholarships through the CRMC Foundation Wilson Scholarship Fund.
Coffeyville Regional Medical Center is seeking a compassionate and caring Director of Acute Care.
- Acute Care Director – Reporting to the Chief Nursing Officer
- Acute Care includes Medical, Surgical, Telemetry, Transitional Care, & Pediatric Patients
- Serving a team of experienced nursing staff – average of 9 years experience
- Serving alongside a team of experienced leaders – average of 25 years experience
Send your resume to Melissa Summer, Dr. Director of Business Development. You will be contacted directly to have conversations about the position and answer questions you may have.
CONTACT:Melissa Summer, Sr. Director of Business Development